Final Post

 The Use of Technology

Although I do not think my relationship with technology is unhealthy, I would not say it is healthy either. I enjoy using my phone and watching TV, but I try to limit myself. I know that using technology is just unhealthy, and you have to limit ho
w much you stare at a screen. I truly think that technology is taking up a big part of my life, but it is hard to move away from technology when the world is moving towards technology. Looking back at my semester I have not handed in a single assignment printed out. Everything I have done has been on my computer. 


I don’t necessarily think that the internet is making me smarter. There is so much fake news on the internet, and there are so many people that post their opinions and they make it seem like it is facts. There are many people who take everything they read on the internet seriously and I think that is ridiculous. I will not believe something I see unless I see it from multiple sources. I enjoy listening to people who don’t know what they are talking about because they read something on the internet and think that it is true when in reality they just found it off some bootleg website. 

My family tries their best to limit themselves from overusing technology, but again it is hard for them to stay off technology because all of their work is based on their computer. My sister has been out of her office for about 2 years, so she has been using her computer to “go to work” In this case technology has been very useful for her, and she has been able to continue her career while being at home. She could have very easily been out of a job but now she has been able to move up in the ranks in her company. 

I like to think I have kept my digital footprint clean. I am very particular with what I post on the internet at risk of ruining my reputation. Before I turned 21 I made sure that I did not post anything with alcohol, or reference me drinking. My mother instilled that at a very young age that you need to keep your social media clean. No bad words, and no alcohol.  Those were the two things that she made sure I never posted on social media. When searching my name, nothing super special comes up. My Instagram and LinkedIn pop up, and after that it is my hockey statistics dating back to my sophomore year in high school. It is a very dry search, but I am happy about that. There is nothing on my Instagram that would reflect poorly on my character, and honestly, there are no bad news reports on me which I am proud about. I think having a rather dry results when your name is searched in google is a pretty good thing. No bad content for your future employers to see is always a great thing. 



I truly think that phones, laptops, and tablets are amazing inventions, and are truly putting this world in a better place, but our youth is spending way too much time using technology instead of going outside and getting active. The suicide rates in young adults has sky rocketed due to social media. There are many positives that come with technology, but there are plenty of negatives as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EOTO 2 Alternative Media

Televison